Friday, April 8, 2016

Finals and Graduation: Part 1

These are the pieces i worked on for my last 3 months at school. Ultimately these pieces would make up my Demo Reel i would send to companies for employment alongside my resume.

   My first piece was based on a still life photography shot of a collection of old skeleton keys laid out on what looks like an old book with a coarse cover. This was my first piece, and in the first week of class I struggled with making progress on it. I initially had done a decent amount of work on the piece in my spare time, thinking that this would put me ahead of the curve. Hoping I would be able to focus on the finite details of the project early into the class. Unfortunately the work i put into the piece prior to the class wasn't satisfactory to the art director who was grading my project, leaving me to start over 100%.
   This felt like a huge blow back but honestly this would be a reoccurring theme in the next few weeks. Not my work being unsatisfactory, but starting certain aspects over from scratch just to get a new feel for it or to fix a certain issue i couldn't resolve with its current build. After starting over in the first week of PFP, then having a whole month to work on it during PCC1 this was my final result. It made it into my Demo Reel but i consider it to be the weaker of the two pieces. It will probably be replaced when I have new assets to add to the reel.

The Final Piece, after all the render passes were adjusted and color corrected
image was down-res'd slightly to fit

No comments:

Post a Comment