Friday, April 8, 2016

Finals and Graduation: Part 2

This is my second piece for my demo reel. Its the interface for an old boiler that powered the motors for old time tractors. I thought this one had the cleanest topology out of all my pieces. However in the end it didn't make it into my reel, during the panel review of everyone's pieces, all the instructors agreed that something was off about the piece. Mostly that it didn't look old and grimy enough. I spent the last 2 weeks of PCC2 doing grunge/dirt maps exclusively for this piece, but in in the end it just wasn't enough. I planned on fixing it later but my art director/the one grading my piece said it would be best to just abandon it, use it as a learning experience and pick out a new piece to work on. That's what I've done, and I totally cut it out of my final demo reel.


The Final Piece, after all the render passes were adjusted and color corrected
image was down-res'd slightly to fit
 

No comments:

Post a Comment