Friday, April 8, 2016

Finals and Graduation: Part 3

   My last month at school. This was my final piece, based on a photo of a minimalist dining area. The photo was on some site compiling great still life/environment photos. The photo itself was pretty boring, and lacked the ivy which is in my final render. I feel like this piece went over the best out of all my pieces, the simplicity of it really allowed me to focus on details like the spottiness of the wood, the paint flecks in the metal of the chairs, and the dirt along the ground and walls. I especially like the gradient of the asphalt as it reaches the wall, it shows how the weather, people, and time has effected its color and texture from all its time being there. The shader network for the asphalt was probably my most in depth network besides the double sided shader I used for the leaves of the ivy. During the panel review it was suggested that i should put something on the table in the middle, which i agreed with. In fact I had a drinking glasses and a pitcher of lemonade on the table initially but within the time frame i had i couldn't get the look of the liquid filled glasses right. In the future I'll definitely be making some tweaks to this piece to make it better. This was my best piece, which is why it's first in my demo reel.

The Final Piece, after all the render passes were adjusted and color corrected
image was down-res'd slightly to fit

No comments:

Post a Comment